How to Set up a Vocal Video Collector and Get New Videos
You can use Vocal Video Collectors to gather video testimonials from your subjects. This guide shows you how to set up a Vocal Video Collector to get videos from customers, employees, or experts in just a couple of minutes.
2. Select Use This Template. This will bring you to the Collector Builder. On the right, you'll see a preview of your Collector, so you can tell exactly how the changes will be reflected in your Collector. When you're done, you can send your Collector to one person or to hundreds or even thousands of people.
4. Select Welcome Page
- Public Collector Title: This is your publicly facing title.The internal title can help keep track of multiple collectors that you're sending out to different groups. Note: All changes will be reflected in the preview on the right.
- Spokesperson: Decide who you'd like to represent your brand.
- Welcome Message: Make any edits you'd like. Note: The auto-filled dynamic variables pull from your account settings and can be changed. By clicking Dynamic Variables, you can check out the other options we are able to pull from the information you already have in your account.
- Welcome Video: Record an intro video. We recommend keeping these short and sweet: no more than 10 seconds.
- Incentives: You have the option to use our prize drawing administered across all respondents, your own incentives, or to turn off incentives altogether. Note: Incentives boost response rates, and you'll fulfill custom incentives. If you want to automate Incentive fulfillment, you can do that with our Zapier integration.
- Contact Email: This builds trust in your Collector and allows respondents to contact you if they have other questions.
5. Select Questions. If you chose a template, your Collector will come with questions that you can edit. You'll see on the right how small the view of the mobile phone screen is that your subjects might be using. Your respondent will have up to five minutes to answer each question. Note: With our Pro and Enterprise plans, you can adjust the custom tips or alter the max recording length.
6. Select Attribution Page. This is the page we will ask your respondent for their name and email after they finish answering your questions. Note: This is important in case a subject asks us to take down a video. You also have the option to ask subjects to fill in their job title and company name. With our Pro and Enterprise plans, you can add custom form fields as well as add your own custom video waiver for folks to agree to.
7. Select Thank You Page. This is where you thank your respondents for answering your questions by recording themselves. Note: On Pro plans, you can also include a Custom Call-To-Action button. That means if you want your respondents to perform a task after recording their video such as referring a person to your site or checking out other testimonials, you could provide a direct link for them to do so here.
8. Select Logos and Colors. These settings will apply to all your other Collectors. Workspace logos and colors can be set up universally in Brand Kit found on the side bar and will flow through to Collectors created in the future.
9. In Advanced, there are a number of things you can customize about your Video Collector:
- Video responses only: You can turn off the option to accept audio responses if you only wish to receive video responses.
- Show How it Works blurbs: You can opt to hide this if you wish.
- Show Help & FAQ links: You can opt to hide this if you wish.
- Show step numbers: You can opt to hide this if you wish.
- Transcription languages: You can also automatically transcribe the subtitles into many languages.
- Localize/Customize Text Fields: Customize every bit of text on your Collector. This is perfect for localizing the Collector. More info on customizing your Collector.
- Kiosk Mode: This optimizes the Collection experience for in-person video collecting, putting your Collector in a loop. Note: The Kiosk Mode feature is only available for users on a Pro orEnterprise plan.
- Open Graph Image & Description: The Open Graph image is the thumbnail that appears when you post a link to a web page to social networks and other supported messaging sites. Each Video Collector has a default Open Graph Image optimized for high engagement on social media. Note: Users on a Pro or Enterprise plan can customize the clickable Open Graph thumbnail and text.
11. Now, it's time to actually get some responses! It's just as easy as copying the link from Get Responses, and dropping it into an email, onto a landing page, or into your social media accounts. Check out these tips for improving response rates.
Phoenix College uses links to unique Vocal Video Collectors on their website, to collect videos from students, staff, alumni, faculty, nursing, and donors.
GuitarZoom includes a CTA on their customers page to collect new video reviews.
GoodRx has an ongoing blog series featuring patient stories, and uses a CTA to collect new video stories.