A look behind the scenes. Because we don’t expect blind trust.
We take our obligations to you very seriously. Data privacy and security are at the core of everything we do.
- Vocal Video is hosted at a SOC 2 certified Amazon Web Services data center.
- Our service is hosted in the United States. We do not currently offer an EU or UK hosting option.
- Encryption. All data sent to Vocal Video is encrypted at rest. Vocal Video also sends data over HTTPS transport layer security (TLS) encrypted connections for additional security as data transits to and from the application.
- Data retention. We will retain your data for up to 30 days after you cancel your subscription before deleting it from our systems.
Read our Security Statement here.
- We are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation, the UK Data Protection Act of 2018 and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- We are certified under the EU-U.S Data Privacy Framework, UK Extension to the EU-US Data Privacy Framework, and Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (listing here). As a result, the European Commission has ruled DFP certified companies are safe and trusted for EU-US data flows (link).
- Our standard terms of service include a Data Processing Addendum to cover GDPR, UK GDPR, and CCPA requirements for personal data provided to Vocal Video.
- Our DPA incorporates the Standard Contractual Clauses as well as additional safeguards designed to address Schrems II.
- You own all videos produced by Vocal Video. However, if you wish to use them outside the subscription period, it is your responsibility to download them before cancelling your service.
- Our standard terms provide a video release that allow you full rights to the videos you collect with Vocal Video.
- Respondents have the right to withdraw their consent to use their photo likeness and their recordings. However, you may override these terms and other Respondent rights with a custom video release. More information here.
Read our Terms of Service here.
- Vocal Video is hosted at a SOC 2 Amazon Web Services Data Center. AWS has achieved the following relevant certifications and attestations to the Vocal Video service:
- ISO 9001 (Global Quality Standard) - public link
- ISO 27001 (Security Management Controls) - public link
- ISO 27017 (Cloud Specific Controls) - public link
- ISO 27018 (Personal Data Protection) - public link
- AICPA SOC1 (Audit Controls Report)
- AICPA SOC2 (Security, Availability & Confidentiality Report)
- AICPA SOC3 (General Controls Report) - public link
- Cloud Security Alliance Controls Level 2 - public link
- Our internal security policies and controls are patterned after ISO 27001.